If you are pregnant and reading this, we want you to know you’re not alone! We have already prayed for you and have intentionally established Hope Mansion with you in mind. We know right now you are uncertain of what your future looks like. Hope Mansion, where “Life Grows Inside,” is a home away from the confusion, chaos, and pressures of your family and friends, where you can focus on the most important decision of your life – being a parent.
While living at Hope Mansion, you will receive professional counseling, mentoring, case management and one on one care. This will make a significant difference for your own emotional and physical well-being, as well as for your unborn child.
As a new residential group home, Hope Mansion has made careful and deliberate steps towards building a plan that focuses on meeting every one of your needs during this time of your life.
One of the benefits of living at Hope Mansion is you will be with other women experiencing the same issues as you. Living at Hope Mansion will be a major decision for you. You must be willing and ready to make positive changes in your life, not only for your sake, but for the sake of your child.
- Please review our FAQ’s below for answers to some common questions.
- Please also review our Eligibility Requirements below to see if you meet the basic qualifications for the program.
- If you have already decided Hope Mansion is right for you, please contact us.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: What services do you provide and what is the benefit of coming to your home?
A: Hope Mansion has a loving and caring family atmosphere where classes such as life skills, prenatal, parenting, budgeting, meal planning and many more are taught to prepare for the next step in your journey. Our program also includes professional development through employment skills classes, internship opportunities, continued education and goal setting.
Q: How much does it cost to live at Hope Mansion?
A: When a woman lives at Hope Mansion, all services are provided free of charge to residents.
Q: Where are you located?
A: Hope Mansion is located outside Dallas, Texas, in a secluded area of Cedar Hill. See Map.
Q: Who is able to live at Hope Mansion?
A: We are able to house up to 15 women
ages 18 and older.
Q: Can I be forced to come into the home?
A: You must make your own decision about coming into the home.
Q: Do I have to place my baby?
A: Some women will parent their child, and some will place them for adoption. The choice is yours.
Q: How do I begin the process of coming to live at Hope Mansion?
A: Pregnant women interested in living at our residential home will call Hope Mansion (972.293.2270) to go get information and set up an in-person interview.
Q: I already have a child. Can I bring him/her with me?
A: If you have a child who is 6 years or younger, you may apply for housing for yourself and your child.
The purpose of the Residential Group Home Program (RGHP) is to provide residential care and assistance to expectant mothers over the age of 18 in a safe and secure Christian environment.
As a participant in the RGHP, each resident will be given opportunities to grow spiritually, academically, educationally and financially.
While each resident will be accountable for the decisions she makes, the RGHP will provide a supportive environment that encourages each resident to make realistic and responsible decisions for her life and the life of her baby.
Eligibility Requirements for the Residential Group Home Program:
The basic requirements for consideration as a resident of Hope Mansion are:
- Applicants must be at least 18 years old
- Be pregnant
- Cooperate in the planning, development and implementation of an individualized plan-of-care that will focus on moving the client and her family to independence.
Follow the guidelines and requirements of the RGHP program:
- Cooperate in a healthy pre-natal care program
- Participate in parenting and independent life skills training
- Participate in the plan-of-care that focuses on the health and well being of her and her newborn
- Complete High School Diploma/GED, Trade School and/or college courses
- Participate in career development and internship programsIf you are interested in learning more or starting the potential resident interview process, call us at 972.293.3370